Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The Joy of Blogging

I began 'The Daily Muse' seven months ago. Told some family members and friends about it after there was enough material to make it worth their trouble to check it out.

Some of the people contacted have been kind enough to offer feedback, for which I am grateful. Once in a while a stranger might pay a visit to the 'Muse' and leave a comment. I soon learned to separate the wheat from the chaff, the automatically-generated comments intended by their originators to turn a new blogger into a prospective customer for their products or services.

Need to learn some HTML if I am to give the blog a smarter look, to get away from this rather humdrum format, but with so many things occupying my time these days, learning a new language goes way down the list.

It can be a very personal business, this blogging, as you may have noted. If you have checked other blogs at random, you will see some very hairy intimate stuff out there.

But the way I think about it, blogging is just a way besides e-mail to stay in touch with friends who have access to the Internet. Its anonymity is a great blessing. And even though inviting visitors to view my blog removes its anonymity, I do not find that discouraging in the least. If some readers choose to pass along this blog address to others who may find it of interest, they have my blessing to do so.

And no, I'm not selling anything.

No comments: