Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Warm Greetings and City Views

Warmest greetings for the holidays, and to my friends and relatives my special thanks for the kind words they offered about recent postings to this blog.

In San Francisco yesterday it was lovely, a far cry from the foggy grisaille of December 14. click here My wife had a meeting to attend, and I was free to rediscover a part the city on foot.

A hike up Telegraph Hill gave me more than my daily quota of physical exercise. Some of the photos I took are reproduced below. (Click on the images to enlarge.)

Later we went with friends for dinner at a busy Chinese restaurant on Balboa Street, where the noise level certainly deserved the three bells in our local restaurant guide's rating system. But the food in our judgment would easily have earned three crysanthemums in the guide Michelin (were the editors of that much-respected European guide ever to sample the fare).





Do sleeping dogs lie?

Trolley cables

Family gathering in a park

Tiburon seen from Pacific Heights

No comments: