Saturday, September 15, 2007

My pleasure

It really wasn't necessary. They needn't have done it. But they were so kind to show their appreciation for what I did, and now in turn I acknowledge their kindness, which they expressed through a gift of fine wine shipped by express mail to our house.

What I did was to make a video of a reunion of my wife's schoolmates. This reunion is an event which occurs every few years. It is organized by dedicated and hardworking women from all over the world who at one time attended a prestigious Catholic school in Hong Kong. This particular reunion of about three hundred former students was unusual in that it took place aboard a cruise ship over three days, sailing from southern California to Mexico and back.

The organizers, my wife among them, were remarkable in their skill, and in their enthusiasm for making the event a success. The affection with which they hold their old teachers, the nuns, and each of their fellow students never ceased to charm the menfolk who were with them on this excursion.

So what I did for them was no more than what they truly deserved for their own hard work.

And, ladies, for me it was a pleasure besides.

No comments: