Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Hygiene - Personal




There are many things around the house that we tend to take for granted. In the past I had posted a few on this blog, and here I'm adding a couple more.

One is the familiar nail clipper, which I think is one of the cleverest of tools man has ever devised. Just think about it – before these came on the scene, how did we manage to trim our nails? Scissors? Pocket knife? Neither is as efficient and effective as the nail clipper.

The other item is perhaps less familiar. It is an earwax remover. It is purpose-made, so that we no longer have to bend paper-clips or hairpins for the job. Speaking from experience, I will say that it is a pleasure to use, and easy to clean.

Both of these items were manufactured in Germany. The clipper bears the J.A.Henckels name; the earwax remover is unnamed. I got them on our first trip to Europe in the 70's, and they have stood the test of time.

No comments: