Thursday, October 23, 2008

Construction


It is dawn outside the parking garage, and already the construction crews are at work, hoisting great steel beams for the structure that will shortly become part of the hospital's new wing.
After my overnight stay, I am ready to return home for a shower and breakfast when the opalescent light and the silhouetted cranes catch my eye. With a 3x telephoto attachment on the old Nikon Coolpix 4500 I carry in the car, I grab this shot in between a parade of cars bearing construction workers and hospital staff to and from work. The night shift is over and the day shift begins.

The economy may be crumbling all across the world, yet here a splendid modern hospital is under construction, and as far as I'm concerned, it's a good metaphor that all will soon be right again.

No comments: