Thursday, September 15, 2005

Random thoughts

I called this blog the "Daily Muse". Which looks like it may be a misnomer, as this blogger has missed a couple of days.

Well, here I am back again, with some thoughts on movies.

Two that I can recommend for sure are now out on DVD:
"The Long Engagement", a French flick that seems to have everything in it -- war, love, history, loss, gorgeous cinematography, wit, story, poignancy. Adrienne Tautou stars. "Zhou Yu's Train" with Gong Li and Tony Leung -- if you like trains, this is your movie. There's also love, terrific shots of the Chinese landscape, though the story line is a bit tough to follow.

You can tell I like foreign movies. My next is "Monsieur Ibrahim", also a French one.

Getting late, ought to turn in. More tomorrow.

No comments: