Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Toothsomeness

I'm on a roll today.  Two postings.  Making up for the days when I offered none.

My tooth problems have come to a head, in a manner of speaking.  I have decided to take the plunge, cross the Rubicon, and burn my bridges.  Of upper incisors and molars, only one remains in fair working condition—the rest are a hodgepodge of artifacts held together by the skill of past dentists and craftsmen, and by sheer luck assisted by a Herculean effort of will.

Today I visited my dentist and gave him the green light to remove what needs to be removed, and install in their place new dentures to allow this wearer a fuller enjoyment of food than had been possible these past several weeks.

So my dentist had a young technician take the necessary moulds, and in a couple of weeks I shall be the possessor of the brightest smile that my bathroom mirror, assuming that it will have been reinstalled by then, will reflect.

The actual plier job will not take place for some time yet, but I am facing the prospect with grim determination along with a giddy insouciance now that the decision has been made.  

Or at least, that's what I am hoping.

No comments: