Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Heat

A sweltering day.  Not a cloud in the sky.  No fog in the City as I drove in, intending to visit the Monet exhibition at the Palace of the Legion of Honor. Got stuck in traffic as I exited the freeway onto Bryant and then headed up Third Street.  It was lunchtime; maybe that was the reason for the crush.  Cars to the left and right of me tried to cut into my lane.  I let them in, and they got stuck in the "Keep Clear" zone at the intersection as the traffic lights turned red. The lights were slow to turn green all the way towards Market Street. Not a good day to come into San Francisco.

Financial District today has a whole different breed of office workers compared to when I was working; they dress so differently now, especially the young women who display such a surplus of epidermis.  How do they get away with it?  And those tattoos!  

Decided not to try to find parking downtown, and drove up Pine Street all the way to The Richmond.  Had lunch at an Indonesian café on Clement Street.  Did some shopping there, then decided to head home, and forego seeing the Monets. It was much too hot.  The plastic bottle of ice water that I had brought with me was hot by the time I got in the car again.  

No pictures today, not much accomplished on the Day of the Solstice.

No comments: