Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Memories Preserved

More than ten years ago, my nephew interviewed his grandmother, my mother, in a series of recording sessions, to preserve her memories for future generations. She was in her mid-eighties at the time, and she passed away several years later.

The taped recordings were subsequently re-mastered by my nephew onto more durable compact discs, and he was kind enough to make copies to send to all the family members who wanted them. They are a work of love, and we are all grateful for the time and work that went into the project.

To hear again the voice of my mother describing her life from when was a young woman, and vividly recalling the wartime years, makes this memento a truly wonderful gift for the family.

My nephew is a skilled sound engineer in Massachusetts, whose excellent work in many stage productions has received wide recognition. He is also an accomplished composer.

No comments: