Monday, November 19, 2007

Upcoming Holidays

Thanksgiving in a few days. It is truly the most American of holidays and one that should be honored regardless of one’s religion or creed, or even the lack thereof. We have plenty to be thankful for, so much more than so much of the rest of the world.

This year we have been invited to Thanksgiving dinner at the home of my wife’s niece. She and her husband have recently remodeled their kitchen, which we will see for the first time. The evening promises to be fun.

My brother-in-law is a hunter and will probably have a few ducks and other game to bring to the table besides the turkey. I have no doubt that there will be quite a spread.

* * * *

And after Thanksgiving there will be a holiday on this blog for two weeks, as we embark on another trip, this time to the Far East. I just bought many more gigabytes of electronic film for my camera in anticipation of this trip, and plan to have pictures up for viewing on our return. If I am energetic enough, there may even be some video clips. We shall see.



No comments: