Saturday, January 31, 2009

One-Twelfth Gone

It's the last day of the first month of the year, and a date when all those forms the government says you need to properly file your tax returns – all those W2s, 1099s, and such – must be in your hands so that you will have two and a half months to do what needs to be done by April 15.


The idea of having to file tax returns is not a pleasant one, never has been, and with all the talk these days about financial bailouts, and pork barrel spending, and expensive private jets, and wasteful social projects, it gets to be even more distasteful to think that our law-makers may not have any real notion where our tax dollars go.


My rant for today.

* * * * *


The other observation for today is that it has taken 31 days for me to get used to the idea of writing 2009 on my checks. The good thing though is that I use few checks these days, as I am paying most bills online. So now the computer does the dating.


* * * * *

No comments: