Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Photoshopping

This is the original blurred picture





In the old days of film photography, when you took a picture that was out of focus or blurred due to camera shake, there was not much you could do except discard it. Nowadays, with digital imaging, you simply manipulate it using one of the several good computer tools, such as Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro, to play around until you get an image that may be worth keeping.

I took a shot of a walking and biking trail up in the San Francisco Watershed last week. The original is out of focus, so I decided to try fooling with Photoshop Elements to see what I could make of it. The possibilities are almost endless, and you can spend many hours exploring them.

Here are some of the results. I won't bore you with the technical details. (I did not keep a record of the many filters and tools used in processing.)

Click on the images to enlarge them.

No comments: