Sunday, November 26, 2006

Labels

As we approach the end of another year, I find once again that I have more than enough free self-stick return address labels than I can possibly use in two lifetimes (assuming that I remain at my current address).

These labels come from charities and other donation seekers who seem to multiply with time.

Yes, I know they DO send one another the address lists of donors. Yes, I know they are run like businesses with an eye to the bottom line (we hope). Yes, they do make you feel guilty if you use the labels without sending in a contribution.

It's a good idea to check out the charity or donation seeker before sending money. Heaven knows we would not want our hard-earned dollars ending up in the wrong hands.

http://www.charitywatch.org/toprated.html

No comments: