Friday, November 03, 2006

Virus

Inevitably it had to happen, I suppose. It wasn't the flu, although the season has already arrived. It was something else. It started with a sore throat and then mutated into something rather more alarming. Had difficulty swallowing, and overnight the side of my throat grew into a large, fleshy lump which was unsightly, to say the least. Threw the perfect symmetry of my countenance into a lopsided caricature of a double chin that seemed to be in the wrong place. Did I say it was alarming? Yes, all right, it was.

My E.N.T. doctor took a look and prescribed a course of antibiotics. Two days later, the thing has subsided a bit, and no longer looks quite so horrible. The doc did provide a modicum of assurance that he thought my deepest fears were unfounded, but he also said that he'll take another look when I finish taking the pills. We hear nowadays about people who get a virus, and in a very short time, it's curtains. Without the doctors even knowing what sort of virus it may have been. That's the world we live in nowadays. A world of nefarious and dangerous things sharing the air we breathe.

So this is my reason for not posting to this blog. You'd think that with all this sitting around at home, I'd think of something to post other than the foregoing. But so far I have not.

Stay tuned, though, won't you?

No comments: